Sunday, February 21, 2010

Boat Birthday Cake Templates Advice On Icing A Cake Needed?

Advice on icing a cake needed? - boat birthday cake templates

HELP!

I want to make a birthday cake for the first anniversary of my son (the theme is Noah's Ark, as he loves animals)

I've never decorated a cake before, but I think Hey, lets go around and taste.
I have some questions and wondered if anyone can help;

a) Tescos near me, do not buy brown food coloring and ready for the glass base to cover the cake when it is formed like a ship. How can I add the color without making fudge from scratch and use cocoa powder? (I) case. I colored in red, black, yellow, blue and green.
b) a cake with marzipan must be covered in order to be covered in sugar paste / fondant?
c) I am also makes Betty Crocker frosting in a bath of chocolate I would use cupcak, even better than that of fondant to make the cake "boat like"?
d) Finally, once frozen, I need to be kept in the refrigerator or cake on the formation of ice.


I would be very grateful for any advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment